3. SiliaBond® Metal Scavengers Characteristics
SiliaBond® Metal Scavengers are made of SiliaFlash® F60 (40-63 μm, 60 Å, 500 m2/g) and endcapped to avoid non-specific binding (undesirable interactions with the free silanols). Therefore, they present the following characteristics:
- No leaching (chemical stability): no API contamination by the metal scavenger. High selectivity: total recovery of the API.
- Very good metal affinity: efficient for a wide range of metal catalysts.
- Solvent compatibility: can be used in any solvent, aqueous (pH 2 to 12) and organic.
- Fast kinetic: even at room temperature.
- Easily scalable: from mg up to multi-ton scale.
- Thermally and mechanically stable synthesizers.
- Ease of use: no swelling or static charge.
- Flexible formats: amenable to use in SiliaSep™ & SiliaPrep™ Cartridges.
- Cost efficient: low cost per gram of metal scavenged.
- Controlled loading
SiliaMetS® DMT (Si-DMT) is the silica bound equivalent of 2,4,6-trimercaptotriazine (trithiocyanuric acid). It is a versatile metal scavenger for a variety of metals including Cd, Co, Ni, Pd, Pt, Rh, and Ru under a wide range of conditions and the preferred metal scavenger for ruthenium catalysts.
TMT has been reported to efficiently remove palladium and heavy metals by precipitation. Unfortunately, its solubility in organic solvents causes problem. SiliaMetS DMT solves this issue and almost all solvents can now be used.