3. SiliaBond® Metal Scavengers Characteristics
SiliaBond® Metal Scavengers are made of SiliaFlash® F60 (40-63 μm, 60 Å, 500 m2/g) and endcapped to avoid non-specific binding (undesirable interactions with the free silanols). Therefore, they present the following characteristics:
- No leaching (chemical stability): no API contamination by the metal scavenger. High selectivity: total recovery of the API.
- Very good metal affinity: efficient for a wide range of metal catalysts.
- Solvent compatibility: can be used in any solvent, aqueous (pH 2 to 12) and organic.
- Fast kinetic: even at room temperature.
- Easily scalable: from mg up to multi-ton scale.
- Thermally and mechanically stable synthesizers.
- Ease of use: no swelling or static charge.
- Flexible formats: amenable to use in SiliaSep™ & SiliaPrep™ Cartridges.
- Cost efficient: low cost per gram of metal scavenged.
- Controlled loading
SiliaMetS® Thiol (Si-Thiol) is a robust metal scavenger for a variety of metals including Pd, Pt, Cu, Ag and Pb under a wide range of conditions. It has been used in pharmaceutical processes up to the pilot plant scale. It is our most versatile metal scavenger and is the preferred metal scavenger for Pd(II), Cu, Ag, and Hg.