Solid Phase Extraction
Solid-phase extraction (SPE) is a sample preparation method where the compounds that are dissolved or suspended in a liquid mixture are separated from other compounds depending on their physical and chemical properties.
Solid-phase extraction is designed for rapid sample preparation and purification prior to chromatographic analysis. SPE is widely used in analytical laboratories for it is a crucial step in sample preparation. We know perfectly well that a cleaner sample yields better result.
The solid-Phase Extraction strategies are:
- Retaining the analyte and washing off impurities
- Concentrating the analyte and washing off impurities
- Retaining impurities and eluting the analyte
What is the use of sample preparation?
Remove interferences from matrix
- Cleaner Extract (selectivity)
- Improved column lifetime
- Less instrument downtime (maintenance, changing column,..)
- Less ion suppression
Concentrate analyte of interest
- Improved sensitivity (lower LLOQ)
- Improved reproducibility (accuracy % Bias and precision %RSD)
Prepared samples for separation and detection
- Solvent compatibility with mobile phase
- Better chromatographic results (peak shape)
SiliCycle offers SPE products to meet your specific purification needs. SiliaSiliaPrep products are available in different types of SPE cartridges and well plates:
- Bed weights from 1 mL/50 mg to 25 mL/5 g.
- Larger bed weights are available in SiliaSep™ OT.
SiliaPrep cartridges are packed with fines-free SiliaFlash® silica gel sorbents or SiliaBond® chromatographic phases.
The well plates are used in high throughput combinatorial chemistry, drug discovery and screening, metabolic pharmacokinetic applications, and for automated methods such as a multiprobe approach.
- Polar phases (normal phases)
- Non polar phases (reversed phases)
- Ion exchange phases
- Mixed-mode phases
- Specialty phases
By using SiliaPrep products you will generate: