3. SiliaBond® Metal Scavengers Characteristics
SiliaBond® Metal Scavengers are made of SiliaFlash® F60 (40-63 μm, 60 Å, 500 m2/g) and endcapped to avoid non-specific binding (undesirable interactions with the free silanols). Therefore, they present the following characteristics:
- No leaching (chemical stability): no API contamination by the metal scavenger. High selectivity: total recovery of the API.
- Very good metal affinity: efficient for a wide range of metal catalysts.
- Solvent compatibility: can be used in any solvent, aqueous (pH 2 to 12) and organic.
- Fast kinetic: even at room temperature.
- Easily scalable: from mg up to multi-ton scale.
- Thermally and mechanically stable synthesizers.
- Ease of use: no swelling or static charge.
- Flexible formats: amenable to use in SiliaSep™ & SiliaPrep™ Cartridges.
- Cost efficient: low cost per gram of metal scavenged.
- Controlled loading
Full Text PDF